- Date: 2019-01-14
- Facilitator: Tilmann
- Notary: Janina and others
- Present: Nick, Janina, Bodhi, Lise, Nathalie, Thore, Findus, Chandi, Tais, Matthias, Tilmann, Clara
1. People arriving and leaving
- Monday: Aman arrives
- Tuesday: Micha leaves, Annik comes by to visit
- Thursday: Chandi and Findus leave, Anna and Josi come for one night
- Friday: Bodhi leaves for move meeting
2. Changes to Governance
3. Last week review
- Present: 15.7 people / day
- Spent nights: 110 nights
- Outdoor temperature (min|avg|max): -0.1 | 3.9 | 8.3 °C (7 days before: -0.9 | 4.3 | 9.0 *C)
- Electricity usage: 4.82 € / day (7 days before: 4.4 € /day)
- Electricity efficiency: 30.7 ct / day*person (7 days before: 24.6 ct)
- Gas usage: 5.14 € / day (7 days before: 5.13 € /day)
- Gas efficiency: 32.7 ct / day*person (7 days before: 28.7 ct)
- Water usage: 2.43 € / day (7 days before: 2.44 € /day)
- Water efficiency: 15.4 ct / day*person (7 days before: 13.7 ct)
Things that happend:
- Chandi became member! :D
- Doug hosted a small XR meeting.
- There was a lot of accounting work done, mostly by Matthias and Bodhi.
- We held both our association meetings, facilitated by Laurina and Janina.
- The very first Utopival meeting for this year took place, hosted by Chandi and Findus.
- Christian Kuhtz was here and shared a lot of valuable knowledge about windows, roofs and other building-related topics.
- Some roof planning took place between Tilmann, Matthias and Bodhi.
- Q installed bright light in the bathroom along with a better solution for the shower curtain.
- There is a food preferences board in the kitchen now thanks to Chandi.
- There was quite some snow and drying laundry gets tricky...
- foodsharing meeting did not take place, will be rescheduled for this week.
- Matthias made a Slack channel in which we can receive sms.
- Nick made a graphical interface to change the speed of the fan in our ventilation system.
- There is a Kanthaus server now (to replace the raspberry that used to process house bus data), but it's not completely set up yet. Still, you already find lots of shit on it (Samba Share kanthaus-server)
- Doug re-glued broken window couplings and loose lock parts in communal closets
4. Evaluations and check-ins
Lise (21 days over) Findus (7 days over) Nathalie (3 days over) Bodhi (1 day over)
Weather forecast: Just tiny amounts of rain tuesday/thursday; getting colder (~0 degrees) towards next week
- 16:00 Findus Evaluation
- 19:00 AcroYoga in Leipzig: Chandi, Findus
- 19:00 Women's choir: Janina, Lise, (Clara, Tais)
- 13-15 Clothes bank
- 17:00 Repair Cafe: Matthias
- 19:00 Fairteiler: Janina
- 21:00 Project exchange planning: Nick, Clara, Janina, (you?)
- 11:00 Döbelt meeting in Landgut Nemt: Janina
- 17:00 Sharing event, 'Belbin Team Roles' theme. Thinking about the roles we have in Kanthaus, if we 'miss' some, strengths and weaknesses, etc. (Doug)
- 10-12 Clothes bank
- 17:00 Lise Evaluation
- 19:00 Foodsharing Wurzen meeting
- Yellow bags
- 10:00 Official start of the month of calm https://pad.systemli.org/p/month_of_calm
- Saturday: "Wir haben es satt" Demo in Berlin
- Sunday: Paper waste (on Monday)
- Next Monday:
- CoMe facilitator: Janina
6. Discussion (e.g. questions, proposals, updates, requests, etc)
- Doug: Matthias has deliberately changed our wifi network names.
wuppdaysnow specifies the 5GHz network, and
wuppdays_slowspecifies the 2.4 GHz network (passwords are the same as the old one.) Users with (older) devices which only support 2.4 GHz and had previously connected to
wuppdayswill be (intentionally) disrupted. This change was made to reduce Bluetooth interference and to encourage those who can to use 5GHz (better performance for everyone). Posters will be updated by matthias today
- Doug: Getting a tumble dryer and using when it's cold and wet outside, how about it? Possibly better than drying inside: moisture not good for the buildings and potentially our health, drying in heated rooms reduces heating efficiency (no idea how much) and it's obviously faster ;p Heat-pump + condenser machines are very efficient (and cost >= 300€)...
- Matthias: I think we get along without a tumble dryer. It's sometimes a bit tricky but so far it works.
- Lise: But we'll need a solution without the yoga room at some point because it will be used for other things.
- Tilmann: I think we should rather queue up the laundry and in future use an area outside that is under a roof. We will build one at some point, e.g. on the balcony.
- Matthias: I'm afraid that we get into the habit of just getting new things whenever we want some more comfort.
- Nathalie: But isn't it more about the point that we don't have that much moisture inside?
- Matthias: Well, if we ventilate enough and there is no condensation then there's no problem. And so far I didn't see condensation in the yoga room.
- Who feels responsible for the poor lonely laundry outside?
- Janina: Every time I look it is wet... :( I don't think I want to put dripping wet clothes in the yoga room or should I..?
- Tilmann: should by dry by tonight, will take it down then
- When you get (analog) Mail, plz open it carefully (e.g. with a knife) and save the envelope. Silvan wants to use them for seed sorting and sharing.
- chandi: Please don't use tape on wallpaper (e.g. living room)
- chandi: Please don't use sharp knives on stone (plates) or metal (baking trays)
- Doug: knives have all been straightened last week
- Janina: Last opening times of the clothes bank before it closes are this Tuesday and Thursday! I'll go shopping, who's in? (Matthias);)
- Janina: Frauke's request and how we handle it (Aman comes today)
- Clara, Nick: visitor engagement + project updates + etc. https://yunity.slack.com/archives/C3RS56Z38/p1547305902184900 / https://gitlab.com/kanthaus/kanthaus-public/issues/141 - next steps?
- Doug: is window replacement going ahead in dorm? Concern about how long it will take multiplied by need for those beds. (not blocking)
- Matthias: Window replacement plans changed due to input from Christian. Still planned on doing soon, but likely starting in ground floor / first floor. See issue for more information.
- Doug: invites Bodhi to re-weld broken sewage pipe in k22 with him this week :) (with DIY PVC cement!)
- Bodhi: nighttime energy-consumption up by about 100W since 2 weeks, why?
- Matthias: We have 16W for the server, 4W for the second access point in K20-1, 6W for the lights in K22
- Bodhi: Thats still about 50W missing.. before is was about 60-70, now its ~140, when freezer not running) how much is the fan in the bathroom?
- Matthias: ~18W, but not running often lately; the fan on the attic is 11-60W depending on setting)
- Tilmann: We still have quite some baseline consumption that we don't have figured out. I want to take up this task and get more clarity.
- Nathalie: Shall we do the standup meeting more regularly? How about quarter to 10am with the perspective of having it even earlier in the future?
- General agreement.
- Will take place in the living room.
- Nathalie: There is the Wir haben es satt demo in Berlin on Saturday where Thore, Clara and I will participate in. If there are more interested people we should coordinate.
- Nick: I have a podcast plan (https://stealthisshow.com/s04e10/) for later this week that I already announced in Slack.
- Janina: Evening planning on the physical board?
- Janina: Loudness in K20-2 - how can it be preven
- Nathalie: Day clothes in bed? How strict is this rule?
- Janina: I'd tell people who come in to undress immediately...^^
- Lise: Yes, I really don't like people wearing their day clothes in bed.