No new Visitors: Jan 18th - Feb 15th 2019
We are having a 'Month of Calm' during which we will be accepting no new Visitors. We're taken this time to allow the existing house community to get to know itself better without a flow of new faces and energies (as lovely as you are). We hope you can understand and look forward to seeing you from mid February onwards!
So you'd like to visit us? Great! Read on...
- Ask us if you can come. You can contact us via Slack or email.
- We're especially interested in supporting people who work on projects that resonate with the values of the house. That can either mean joining in with one of the existing projects we have going on here, or bringing in your own thing.
- There is no price for staying here. If you have money that you want to give, you can.
- We have Collective Agreements which you accept by coming here. In short: smoke outside, drink responsibly, talk to us before bringing animals and feel welcome to join the coordination meetings and cleaning hours (10:00 on Mondays and Thursdays respectively.)
- We have a Constitution which you accept by coming here. In short: act, acknowledge and try to resolve disagreements, and if a situation is too complex or otherwise unresolvable use score voting.
- The address is Kantstraße 20, Wurzen 04808.
- If you just want to come over for an afternoon it still makes sense to contact us first. We are quite busy people and prefer having clear appointments with people, so that we can take time for getting to know them and showing them around.
- If you want to stay overnight it is definitely necessary to make a request via Slack or email and to wait for a positive response before assuming anything.
- If you'd like to stay for multiple days, weeks or even months, that can very well be possible - it depends completely on how well we get along. That's why we can't promise anything before actually having gotten to know you as a person.
- If you want to stay with us for a longer period of time we expect you to commit to a project. If you don't have a project, Kanthaus itself can become your project.
- There may be sharp objects on the floor/ground: take care if walking barefoot.
- There is Hylotox 59 pesticide (Lindane and DDT) in the attic wood: please watch out for and read the info poster before going there.
- Unfortunately the space is not very accessible right now, making it generally unsuitable for individuals requiring additional support (e.g. blind, wheelchair user, etc.).
- Everything is spread out over 3 stories and before even entering the front door you need to climb three steps.
- Individuals requiring additional support are not restricted from coming, however we may not have the infrastructure or resources to make the visit enjoyable. Feel free to contact a Member or Volunteer to get an update on the current building status or for any other inquiry.
- Upon arrival your main contact will give you a house tour and explain all the basics to you. If you want a sneak peak you can already read the accompanying document.
- There is a record of people who come by. Tell us if you don't want your name to appear on there!
- You can use our internet connection, but never up- or download any illegal content.
- We won't reserve a private room for you if you don't explicitly ask for it. There are only 4 private rooms and we prefer them to be occupied only if there is a real need for privacy. Our room booking system is still a work-in-progress and may be subject to change, the underlying thoughts, however, are quite figured out.
- We have neighbors. Respect them regarding noise (be quiet after 22.00) or your wish about a fire in the garden (not every day).
Resources we have
- Water: drinkable water comes out of the taps in K20. There is the possibility to shower hot.
- Food: some long-life food, a regular supply of bread and an irregular supply of fresh food. You are warmly invited to bring food if you have an abundance.
- Internet: name "wuppdays", password "dragonlove". (Download ~25 Mbps, upload ~5 Mbps.)
- Electricity: comes out of most plugs in K20 and some in K22.
- Cooking: a well equipped kitchen with gas stove, oven, also a barbecue and charcoal for the garden.
- Clothing: quite a lot of work clothes and normal clothes.
- Sleeping: three rooms with mattresses/beds/sofas/sheets for ~15 people, also a lot of camping mattresses/sleeping bags.
Please include something about a "phancy physalis" when you first contact us so we know you've read this document.
Kanthaus eagerly awaits you!