Introductions to who we are, what we do and why are often given here at Kanthaus and each person does that differently. Here is a filmed introduction, in order to allow you to prepare, get inspired or just procrastinate :-) and to possibly allow you to ask more detailed questions.
I would say this introduction is best for:
- people who are not entirely new to the topics of saving and sharing
- and for (potential) kanthausians
Doug has written something nice about the values before: what's the real deal with the principles?
I have put down the most important bullet points below. We hope everything is working with d.tube. Feedback via e-mail. Have fun watching :-)
If the video below doesn't work, you can also download it.
Content of the video
- wastefulness in the world
- foodsharing - saving and sharing food
- yunity - saving and sharing everything
- more long-term and more sustainable - 2 houses as permanent place for it
- provide and connect public and common resources.
- give what we can, take what need and facilitate others to do the same.
- develop free and open-source software.
- promote sharing and reduce waste.
what does that mean (in practice)?
a project house - a house for the realization of projects, one of which is the community/the house, people have own projects
constitution (decision making, responsibility, who is staying for how long) -> Internet (https://kanthaus.online/en/governance/constitution)
open for people to participate!
self-organization, personal initiative; important to take an active role in the house with ones own strengths
giving and taking
About the author: Laurina has been with Kanthaus since its foundation and does especially vision-related, social and emotional work for the project.