Coordination Meeting

  • Date: 2018-03-05
  • Facilitator: Laurina
  • Notary:
  • Present: Adam, Bodhi, Isabel, Björn, Matthias, Nick, Lise, Doug, Kurtis, Tilman, Janina, Anja, Mikhail, Lukas, (Laurina)

1. People arriving and leaving

-coming, Silvan tomorrow, Rosina, Georg, and two others from Pizzalab tomorrow until thursday probably

  • going: Nick tomorrow, Anja and doug Wednesday or thursday, Janina, Tilman, thursday morning, Lise and Bodhi tuesday or wednesday, Lukas today

2. Evaluations (Current Position, days til evaluation)

  • Björn, Janina, and Tilman are due to be evaluated in their current positions; tuesday at 10.00
  • Anja, Matthias and Laurina will be evaluated later

3. Changes to Constitution

  • Prop 3 passed! Main differences: Volunteers now evaluated after 2 months (instead of 3) and Members now evaluated after 6 months (instead of never.)

4. Changes to Collective Agreements


5. Information (e.g. announcements, events, etc)

  • Waste collection: (see Black bin on Tuesday
  • Food pickups: (see ): Landgut Nemt, Wednesday, 18:00
  • Gas (0.545€ per m³ + 0,23€ per day):
    • Last week: €9.10 per day
    • This week: €11.90 per day
  • Gas bottles bought (€12): 4
  • Water (5€ per m³):
    • Last week: €2.32 per day
    • This week: €3.93 per day
  • Electricity usage (0.2595€ per kWh and 0,245 per day):
    • Last week: €3.47 per day
    • This week: €4.40 per day
  • Income: -
  • Insect meeting: Tuesday, 2pm at cloud room
  • Power hour: Thursday, 10:00
  • Sharing event: Friday, 17:00 Adam is facilitating this week; likely being some kind of round
  • Spring roadmap meeting, today 12:00 in the cloud room
  • collecting jars: we basically have enough collected. please keep only very nice ones and throw the rest (just rinsed, not washed) into the Glasmüll. Nice means fancy looking or including nice rubber seals or really big jars. Only keep ones with not rusty lids.
  • kanthaus banner
  • Isabell offered to include clothes repairing to the repair cafe

6. Discussion (e.g. questions, proposals, etc)

-What to do with the corner of the 18s garden? Can the tree that blocks the bench be cut? (Laurina) -> Tree not on our ground, also nice to keep that area a bit more naturally. A more concrete proposal for what should be cut will be made at some point :-)

  • Proposal for helping to raise someones attention: Hand up = silence. The person that wants the attention by the present people silently puts up their hand, everyone who sees that also raises their hand and becomes silent. When the hand i<!-- Hello facilitator/notary! Thank you for your services. Here is some advice for facilitating coordination meetings:
    • Prepare the meeting a bit beforehand (find out about evaluations, gas, electricity and water usages, waste collections). You can ask others to assist you.
    • Notify people 10 minutes before the meeting starts. (Watching the clock is not super fun, people will be grateful if you do it for them.)
    • Start at 10:00 sharp, or earlier if everyone is there. (Waiting is time-wasting, be a time-saver!)
    • If you don't want to take notes yourself ask someone else to take care of that. (This pad can easily be used to read from and write in simultaneously.)
    • Go through the ordered points in order, even if nothing has changed. (They are arranged to try and get the most relevant information to most people.)
    • Feel welcome to moderate conversation if off-topic or too detailed. (Are listeners interested? Are speakers satisfied? Can you identify a sub-group?)
    • Try to finish the meeting before 11:00. (There is always more to talk about and it's important for people to know that CoMes don't take forever.)
    • Leave the room once the meeting has ended. (This sends a clear signal to everyone else that they can also leave and get on with their day.)
    • Take care that the meeting minutes will be put to (If you don't know how to do it, ask someone to help you with it. But do it today!)
    • Have fun! -->s up, no talking anymore -> maybe for collective agreements??(Laurina and Doug)
  • Proposal to hold evaluation sessions -if they are due- on wednesdays (Laurina and Doug)
  • hanging up the punching bag discussion
  • door bell is broken, Matthias will look at it today and try to find doug and mikhail when fixing it to show them
  • toilet flush takes a lot of time to refill
  • You can send requests for art projects to Kurtis, graphic design and he will leave the source files
  • File storage: We have a nextcloud instance and git repositories (private and public) right now, its no entirely clear and still evolving but for now try to use nextcloud for big things that don't change like pdf, images, sound, videos and use the git for most/all plain text documents, things where it makes sense to keep the history record of, there are changes made regularly or you want to collaboratly write on with other people

7. Next facilitator

  • Matthias

Next Post Previous Post