Participants: Doug, Björn and Wolfi Notary: Doug Date: 2017-12-30
A meeting about pr, team spirit and celebrations. An opportunity for Björn to let the sparks of his enthusiasm fly.
Re Social Media
- Björns experience with Greenpeace was that they missed the opportunity to get on board with SM early enough.
- One of our target audiences is those yet to be inspired. Many of those, perhaps the majority, aren't on Mastodon, Discourse or Matrix; they're on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Producing high quality SM is something we don't do, but could be very helpful for us to achieve our goals.
- Having a high quality film camera, photo camera and microphone are necessary hardware to achieve this.
- Getting skilled with video editing, blog-posting, etc ourselves and/or finding those who already are is also required.
What do I (Doug) want to do
- Develop then deliver progressive organizational material.
- i.e. decision-making, justice systems, currencies, etc
- focus on one, come to conclusions, test, refine, prepare 'best-recommendation' material, do workshops, etc
- next on list:
- turn constitution into standalone resource
- 'Deciding cooperatively' essay; acceptance-oriented and controlled score voting
- delving into Duniter and Circles crypto-universal-dividend systems
- People seem to be overly cautious—why?
- Björn reckons more collective action and congratulations would go a long way; seeing results and feeling good about it.
- The house is the common project and thus the greatest possibility for collective action...
- ... however KH is there to be a platform for other projects: that is the raison d'être. Perhaps the majority of work is and will not be done collectively, however we don't collectively evaluate or congratulate it!
- We could do a monthly event where people present individually/as working groups covering:
- what project they worked on
- what they planned to do
- what they did
- what they learned
- where the project is now
- what they plan to do next
- (kind of like a Scrum retrospective, review and planning all-in-one)
- ... and then have some kind of party.