Coordination Meeting

  • Date: 2018-07-23
  • Facilitator: Janina
  • Notary: Janina, Tilmann
  • Present: Tilmann, Chrisi, Kalle, Chandi, Wolfi, John, Tais, Nick

1. People arriving and leaving

  • Kalle will leave today or tomorrow
  • Tais and Chrisi leave on Tuesday, Tais comes back on Wednesday
  • Chandi and Wolfi leave on Tuesday to Auerworld, come back in the beginning of August or not
  • John will leave some time this week
  • Isabel possibly comes back at the end of the week (but it may very well take longer)

2. Evaluations

  • Wolfi
  • Tais

3. Changes to Governance


4. Last week review

  • Water (€4.5 per m³):
    • Last 7 days: €2.79/day
    • 7 days before that: €2.29/day
  • Electricity usage (€0.2595 per kWh):
    • Last 7 days: €2.03/day
    • 7 days before that: €2.162/days
  • Gas bottles bought (€12 each): 0
  • Income (please check the shoe and the box): ?
  • Not much happening, people leaving to Auerworld, other people coding, no external events

5. Schedule and commitments

  • Monday (today): Evaluation 4pm
  • Tuesday:
  • Wednesday:
    • Sharing event: Maybe Nick
  • Thursday:
    • Power Hour: Janina
  • Friday:
    • Market pickup: Tilmann
  • Sunday: Personal projects update (old informal style)
  • Next Monday
    • CoMe Facilitator: Nick

6. Discussion (e.g. questions, proposals, updates, requests, etc)

  • Wolfi's experience on the Diska parking lot last Tuesday (two guys trying to beat him up, ~22:30)
  • Chandi made labels that can be used to indicate what possibly unwanted ingredients are used in homemade food. Feedback is appreciated and the use of the labels recommended!
  • Who feels responsible for the kombucha right now and who is actually drinking it? If it's not enough people, shall we pause its production? --> The scoby will be paused and put into the fridge for now.
  • The kimchi smells very strong already. Who is up for refilling it, so that we can store it in the basement and slow down the fermentation? --> Maybe it's just gonna be Janina and kimchi...^^
  • There was the idea to restructure the personal projects updates/celebrations meeting - is it realistic to think that we will have one in the beginning of August? Janina would really like it!
    • Nick is interested in having one in the old style, so maybe we will have one in the end of the week and also use it as input for a meta-meeting about the new structure.
    • Tilmann will wait for Matthias to plan a new and improved structure that takes into account that personal projects are tied to the house and should be more obvious to people coming in. It's also intended to motivate people to engage in projects and/or start new ones.
  • What happens if no volunteers or members are left in the house? Shall we make a rule that the house will close then, or are we comfortable with leaving it to visitors? If the first, shall we make it a more formal rule? - Same thing with the point that every visitor should have a host. This is just to bring up the topics again, not for trying to make a meeting about it, we're too few people in the house right now anyways... ;)
    • We want to progress the governance topics that have been talked about quite much lately. Janina will post bullet points in #kanthaus-governance, Tilmann and Nick are interested in making one or more Gitlab issues.
    • Kalle said that he feels a host system is not necessary, as it he could talk to everyone.
    • Nick said that a host could be helpful to make it easier to share concerns with someone
  • Chandi made a label for visitor tasks on gitlab. Everybody is invited to use it on easy tasks!
    • To make it more public, Janina will add a link to the website.
  • Should we try to reduce the amount of tap water that we use? For example, it might possible to use less for watering the plants in the garden. (Tilmann)
    • We could measure the amount of water that should be used (like 2 times the big watering can or whatever makes sense (would need more thought)).
    • We could mulch the plants so that the water doesn't evaporate so quickly and we don't need to water so much in the first place. Tais will have a look into both plant related topics.
    • The shower was left dripping at least two times in the last days. The cold water handle is hard to turn, make sure that it's always off when you leave the shower. If you put the shower head on the holder, you will hear it dripping. Tilmann will make a sign.
  • Who's interested in a finance review to find out how much we have left for this winter? Heating costs might be quite high (~1000 €) and we should organize some money for it. (Tilmann)
    • Janina is interested so her and Tilmann will try to find figures to afterwards post onto Slack to raise awareness for the topic and get more people to think about income. And then actually generate it...
    • Kalle proposed to think about new ways to acquire money, like busking, begging, working in jobs alternately
  • The bread is currently stored in the basement. I think it is not useful, because bread in plastic bags gets moldy quickly and without plastic bags even quicker. I would rather bring back the hard bread and get new one, instead of throwing moldy bread into the black bin or the compost (Tilmann)
    • Kalle sees the point of us having basically endless supply of bread but would much rather want to have the surplus distributed instead of establishing wasteful behaviours ourselves. He suggests to make better connections to the neighborhood by giving out leaflets and telling everyone that they can get bread whenever they need some.
    • Tilmann points out that this is basically the same problem as always, that we'd need someone taking on this task and that he won't be the one.

Nächster Beitrag Vorheriger Beitrag