- Date: 2021-09-20
- Facilitator: chandi
- Notary: Janina
- Mika caretaker: Larissa
- Levi caretaker: Tilmann
- Physical board caretaker: Matthias
- Digital calendar: Antonin
- Reservation sheet purifier: Silvan
- Present: zui, Matthias, Silvan, Antonin, Janina, Maxime, Thore, Tilmann, Bodhi, chandi, Larissa
0. Check-in round
1. Last week review
(Usage during the last 90 days)
- Present: 16.0 people/day (+0.0)
- ⚡ Electricity
- usage: 6.72 €/day (⬆️+13%)
- paid: 0.37 €/day
- ☀️ self produced: 62% (⬇️-13%)
- emissions: 16 kg CO₂ₑ/week
- 💧 Water
- paid: 3.38 €/day (⬇️-5%)
- emissions: 2 kg CO₂ₑ/week
- 13€ for compost toilet air exhaust parts
- 60-70€ for toilet paper, covid tests, masks, dishwasher detergent, drill bits4/5mm steel+concrete, anglegrinder blades
- 350€ for window parts
- 7500€ for heat pump, warm water storage and some pipes
- Germany: 90,6
- Saxony: 32,5
- Landkreis Leipzig: 21,7
- Adjusted prevalence Saxony: 0,11%
- µCOVIDs available last week: 9572
- µCOVIDs used last week: 1910
- µCOVIDS balance from last week: 7662
- µCOVIDs additional this week: 5000
- µCOVIDs available this week: 12.662
Things that happened
In and around Kanthaus
- the bike sheds got cleared of a lot of things
- the compost was flipped
- an onion gleaning action happened
- preliminary work for the installation of the heat pump has started
- the compost toilet now has a ventilation pipe that reaches up to the roof
- the chimney in the snack kitchen was torn down and there was an intermediate snack kitchen in the elephant room for a day
- thore's birthday led to a bike trip that yielded 150kg of hokkaido pumpkins from jahnishausen
- an epidemia of gastrointestinal disease was survived
- another bean harvesting action took place - this time with foodsavers from Leipzig
- food arrived from HZ
- people went to the big mobility transformation demo in Leipzig
In the wider world
2. This week planning
People arriving and leaving
- Tue.: Bodhi leaves
- Thu.: Larissa and Silvan leave, Matthias might leave for some days
- Fri.: chandi leaves, zui leaves
- Some day:
Autumn is here! Temperatures drop in the beginning of the week but will rise a bit towards the weekend.
Evaluations and check-ins
- Bodhi Volunteer : Absolute Days threshold 132/60 (+120%)
- Larissa Member : Absolute Days threshold 192/180 (+7%)
- Janina Member : Absolute Days threshold 186/180 (+3%)
- Silvan Volunteer : 0 days until Absolute Days threshold (60)
- 10:00 CoMe
- 15:30 Coffee & Cake in the garden
- Park cars on even side [Maxime]
- 11:30 Bodhi's evaluation [Antonin]
- Open Tuesday
- 11:00 Larissa's evaluation [Thore]
- Park cars on odd side [Maxime]
- 10:00 Power Hour [Fac.: Antonin, DJ: ?]
- 15:00 sharing event [Janina]
- Yellow bin [maxime]
- 12:00 Market Pickup [Andrea]
- 19:00 theater @ Villa Klug
- 10:00 germ fighting hours
- Paper [Antonin]
- 10:00 CoMe [Janina]
Next week summary
Weeks until Roof month: 3.5!
to be scheduled: (when possible, avoid scheduling events at times that would conflict with being part of the cooking team: 17:00-19:00)
3. Shopping plans
- [Antonin] Sponges
- [Antonin] Detergent for bathroom surfaces?
- [Janina] Containers to store food
- [Matthias] Permanent fineliner (and foil pens?)
4. To do
Small fixes of things in the house
- [ ] secure wash kitchen sink
- [ ] secure k22-2 bathroom sink
- [ ] More storage spaces for visitors
- [ ] make k20 garden door easily closable from outside (or acquire a new door) -> apparently old door handle in workshop on left https://yunity.slack.com/archives/C3RS56Z38/p1627483587048000
- [ ] fix loose table leg in Lantern
- [ ] empty dry food storage shelf (find new places for the stuff)
- Ventilation preparation:
- [x] Tear down chimney in Snack Kitchen
- [ ] Tear down chimney in communal sleeping room
- [ ] Tear down chimney in dining room
- [ ] Tear down chimney in piano room
- [x] Kitchen shelf is slanting / leaning over [Tilmann]
- [ ] replace broken/string/toaster shoe rack spots [Andrea, Doug]
- [ ] yellow bin in snack kitchen - new solution
- [ ] bed in private is dissolving and making many small crumbs
5. Discussion & Announcements
- [maxime] let's invite people to join us during the incoming building month! A text in English can be found in the building month pad, a German translation would be welcome. You are welcome to take initiatives regarding who to invite, as we are far from saturation yet: according to the poll, we will be 8 at most during a given week (not counting the 4 FFY that might be there during first weeks, just let us know when you get some committed answers. Invited people are welcome to directly answer the poll https://poll.disroot.org/373TNY9W87QM3TH9
- [janina] collective agreements change about language: proposal phase ends today at 6 pm. then the voting phase starts and runs for 7 days.
- [matthias] Ventilation planning group gets more concrete and might want to start implementing ventilation for K20-2 + K22-2-2 after the roof month. We need pipes, fittings, a ventilation device, some valves and some fire protection stuff and gipskarton stuff to prepare the covers for the pipes which might end up around 2000-4000€ for the first stage (which will be the most expensive step of this project). Should we plan it in more detail and make an expense request?
- yes! the group awaits a detailed plan and clear expense request
- [chandi] How can we keep this floor tidier?
- [zui] quick tidy up directly after come?
- [janina] think it's a recurring topic and we need more structure to ensure an acceptable level of tidyness. I actually have quite some ideas and could imagine having a meeting about that topic. will make a slack post
- [clara] Announcement: On the first of October there will be the release of a documentary about "Ella". More infos: https://yunity.slack.com/archives/CFDNQL9C6/p1631969621005800. We would like to stream the movie in the garden at 19.30 and also invite people from outside (Klugis, NDK people etc...)
- [janina] MOI: time to decide the time it should happen! and/or maybe we agree on an orga team and let them handle everthing?
- not super much interest in having a MOI again
- Larissa, Zui and Janina are interested in thinking about it and will talk
- [matthias] sickness measures?
- exchanging bedsheets, deep clean the house - when should it happen?
- there are still some people with diarrhea, so maybe not now?
- on Wednesday a person comes visiting, so maybe we do the cleaning action before that?
- or we do it on the weekend, because the house will be quite empty then
- Sunday seems to be the most fitting day for that
- Matthias will write a task list, Janina facilitates
- another proposal: one definitely 'clean' toilet could be the lower staircase toilet
- accepted, will last for this and next week
- Antonin will make a sign
- let's please all be very conscious about not spreading poop traces in the next two weeks!
- another proposal: remove all towels next to the sinks, because those are always breeding grounds for germs
- or exchanging them daily, everyone is invited to take care, Matthias will also
- with no new people integrating it should be okay
- [silvan] how to continue with the corona framework?
- there was/is a vote on this in #kanthaus-corona which had the outcome that people would like to either update or suspend it
- current framework is a bit useless
- almost everybody in the house is vaccinated - only andrea might not be. matthias will talk to her and find out how to continue.
- tilmann has resistance against just dropping it informally and would rather start a formal process to change the Collective Agreements.
- maxime has the slightly related question if we ask people to be vaccinated for the building month.
- seems to be a bigger topic. clear proposal will come in next come.
- Mon.: zui, chandi
- Thu.: Thore
- Fri.: Andrea, Janina
- Open Tuesday:
- Tue.: larissa
- Wed.: Antonin
- Thu.: larissa
- Fri.: larissa
- Open Tuesday: Antonin, Larissa, Maxime
- Week: Matthias, Silvan, Bodhi
- Mon.: zui, chandi
- Tue.: Antonin
- Wed.: Maxime, Larissa
- Thu.: Thore
- Fri.: Andrea, Janina
- Open Tuesday: Tilmann